Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Balance

The every day struggle for a Libra is to get that balance in the Universe.  We strive for it every second of every day.  It's a daunting task and one we take seriously.  When things are right we briefly sigh and baske in the harmony, but as is always the case it never stays balanced for long and will teeter.  Now that I am older I understand my desire for this harmony in all things.  There was a time I fought it believing I had to go against the grain in order to get the results I wanted.  But now I understand the give and take this balance requires and although it often feels like I compromise way more than anyone else I still do it to achieve that balance. 

Often is the case that my own life; my wants specifically, are set aside.  I don't play a martyr because bringing that to the attention of others is not my style and nonproductive in getting the results I need.  I do, however, sit back at times and realize that this selfishness in others is often what makes the world tilt on it's axis and cause the imbalance.  There are times, I admit, I wish I too could be this way.  Thinking the world somehow owes me and demand attention.  But that in and of itself is a bad taste in my mouth.  For who will make things right if we all have this mindset?

No, I know all too well my place in the Universe and I am not happy until I can achieve that level.  What makes my "job" more difficult is human nature.  The people around me are constantly pushing for lead positions and greed drives many.  Unfortunately not in the way that would be most beneficial, but in the manipulative kind of way.  They want something for nothing.  Feel they are somehow owed and shouldn't have to pay their dues.  Still every day I wake up with the goal of balance.  If my life somehow gets easier as a result then things are real good.  The little glimmer of harmony I sometimes get to experience is my reward. 

SONG OF THE BLOG:  "King of Everything" by Sara Bareilles

No comments:

Post a Comment